Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Nieces are Nice

Monica Z. is coming to join Shirl and me for lunch here at Casa Victor,  As followers of my Fulbright Year blog will recall, Moni is a doctoral candidate at UBB-Cluj, and was our friend and my teaching assistant in that Fulbright year.  She has come to Bucharest for a friend's wedding.  Learning of this, we have stayed an extra couple of nights here in B-town, so that we can give her a ride home, something any uncle and aunt would do for a chance to spend a whole day with such a dear niece!

I have just spoken on the phone with Melinda P.  Again, the world-hopping, multi-lingual Melinda is one of my former teaching assistants at UBB and also an honorary niece, much-mentioned in last year's blog.  On Monday, we will see Meli for lunch.

I have just chatted in Yahoo Messenger with Teodora (Dora) F., still another star of the prior blog, adopted niece, and a UBB graduate now working in Cluj.  Dora has offered to help me get my HP Laptop repaired, and I will also see her on Monday at Iulius Mall.  I hope that she will be able to join us for dinner.

Dear nieces, you are all among my favorite people.  I look forward to seeing you again.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use no profanity in your comments. My granddaughter and other young people will be reading this blog. Thank you.
-Duncan