Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Asian Comings and Goings, or "Fera and Afar"

With Sorin Ungariu and Roxy Fera in Sibiu, 2009
The big news at Hotel New Hampshire since my return from Alaska is the arrival from China of our dear friend Roxy Fera.  Long-time followers of my blogs will recall that I met Roxy in her home town of Sibiu, Romania, during my Fulbright year of 2008-09.  Since then, Roxy has lived in Oxford, UK, and taught English in China for two years.  She and I have kept in touch over the Internet, with the result that when a delegation of Plymouth State University deans visited Hangzhou, China last year, Roxy happened to meet them at her university.  (China is a big country ... could it be that there are no coincidences?)   The result: Plymouth State has a new international student in the MEd Program, and we are blessed with a new guest at our home.  We welcome Roxy, and wish her a great experience here in New Hampshire!

Oh yes, and in 11 days I shall again be going afar, flying to London, then on to Bangalore, India for a ten-day academic visit.  Life goes on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use no profanity in your comments. My granddaughter and other young people will be reading this blog. Thank you.
-Duncan