Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

This Luncheon Conversation was a Problem

Just got back to my academic work in Pennsylvania after a delicious lunch at the student-run French restaurant in this technical college I am visiting.  It was a stuffed breast of chicken, with creole sauce and sauteed squash, zucchini, carrots and snow peas.

I confess that I might have enjoyed this gourmet lunch more if my visitation chairman had not chosen lunch time to describe, in graphic detail, his German shepherd's perianal fistula, and then go into further details on the treatment thereof.

Then, our third team member told a story about a computer simulation game wherein kids design amusement park rides.  He said, "Of course, they initially design the wildest roller coasters possible, with the result that the customers exiting the ride vomit all over the pavement. If the kid playing the game has not employed a clean-up crew, then no one else will go near the ride, and the kid loses the game."

Yep, I might have enjoyed that stuffed chicken with creole sauce far more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use no profanity in your comments. My granddaughter and other young people will be reading this blog. Thank you.
-Duncan