Total Pageviews

Friday, February 24, 2012

Habitat for Humanity Noncoincidence

I am at my Plymouth State University office.  I have just opened my University e-mail Inbox, and found the following message from Ms. Diane McDonald, whom I do not know:
I just brought up my website yesterday, www.dcmcd.info (Diane C. McDonald) and thought I ought to check out www.dcmcd.com in case it was something I didn't want friends to accidentally stumble upon.

Imagine my surprise when I saw that your website chronicles your travels in Romania, while mine is fundraising for a Habitat for Humanity trip to Romania.  

Just thought the coincidence was too good not to share.
And a good Scottish name to boot!

Diane McDonald
I have confirmed the authenticity of this Habitat.ro project.  My donation to Diane's Romanian Habitat for Humanity project is already sent.  The link is at www.dcmcd.info.   I hope a few of my loyal readers will also be able to help.

Duncan

2 comments:

  1. Dear Duncan,

    And yet another Scottish namesake has found her way to this post! I actually work with Habitat Romania and found your post while browsing for HFH Romania-related news. Just thought I’d write a little note to say thank you for your donation and also for posting this on your blog! Habitat Romania is able to make a tangible difference in Romanians’ lives because of supporters like you and Diane McDonald. Thanks again for your generosity!

    Amanda McMasters
    Donor Care Coordinator
    Habitat for Humanity Romania

    P.S. If you're interested in keeping up with Habitat Romania news, feel free to drop by our Facebook page! The address is https://www.facebook.com/habitat.ro.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Amanda. I have posted that link in my Facebook page.

    I hope one day that we shall meet!

    -Duncan

    ReplyDelete

Please use no profanity in your comments. My granddaughter and other young people will be reading this blog. Thank you.
-Duncan