Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Gorgeous Gorge

Cheile Turzii (pronounced "Kayleh Turtzy") has appeared in my blogs several times before, but on this perfect January Sunday, I went there one last time.  The sun shone, and my recent travel companions Valer and Simo were joined by my cheerful and energetic colleague Kinga Kerekes for a fun day in the gorge.
Cheile Turzii



Small streams mighty gorges gouge.

Ice still rims the brook.

Massive walls of the canyon.
Valer, Kinga and Simo on one of several suspension bridges on the trail.

No mici being sold today.  (Great smile, Kinga!)
 But soon we found our favorite lunch spot in the valley west of Turda, Conacul Secuiesc.
So we pressed on to Colţeşti and Conacul Secuiesc
Friend, fellow auslander, and Etaj Doi floormate, Simo Imakor at the Conacul Secuiesc

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use no profanity in your comments. My granddaughter and other young people will be reading this blog. Thank you.
-Duncan