Total Pageviews

Monday, March 6, 2017

Baha'i Parallel

From: Duncan C McDougall [mailto:oldrider_nh@yahoo.com]
Sent: Saturday, March 04, 2017 3:30 PM
To: House of Worship Activities
Subject: My poem perhaps parallels Baha'i thinking?
Dear friends at the Baha'i Temple,
I am a 73 year-old retired professor who grew up in Wilmette. In 2008-09 I had the honor of teaching in Cluj-Napoca, Romania, the historical capital of Transylvania. I have returned for a part of each year thereafter, with the exception of 2016.
While visiting over the Christmas season in 2012, my Muse visited me with the poem at the link below:
A Poem for the Holidays (Link below)
I am in no way an expert in Baha'i teachings, but based upon what my mother taught me as a boy, it occurs to me that my poem's theme may parallel the teachings in your beautiful nine-sided dome.
I would love to hear from you about that, whether you agree or disagree.
Sincerely yours,
Duncan (NT '61)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: oldrider_nh@yahoo.com
Messchecking our E-mail and assume that no one else on the staff has responded. I enjoyed reading it and indeed the sentiments expressed the inclusiveness of the Bahá'í Teachings. Your mother indeed taught you well. I think the core Teaching is that Humanity now must recognize that we are citizens of one World as Bahá’u’lláh has said “The Earth is but one country and Mankind its citizens” and he went on to say “Let your vision be world embracing and not concerned with your own selves.” https://www.bahai.us/bahai-temple
With very best wishes
Chris
Christopher Vodden
Director of the Activities Office
Baha’i House of Worship Welcome Center
100 Linden Ave Wilmette, IL 60091

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use no profanity in your comments. My granddaughter and other young people will be reading this blog. Thank you.
-Duncan