Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 6, 2013

A Tree for my Bride

Japanese Red Maple
Today, 6 October, is the 40th Anniversary of that auspicious day in 1973 when Shirley Kimball added the name McDougall, and joined me in our adventurous marriage.  We have added four children to the world, raised them to be caring and responsible adults, traveled together to most of the U.S., and a good part of Europe, argued and made up countless times, but shared the same bed when together at home for all forty of those years.
Son Alex, 28, helped me to plant the tree, my Anniversary present to Shirl, who came out in stocking feet to view it.
It is shaping up to be a wonderful autumn in New Hampshire.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use no profanity in your comments. My granddaughter and other young people will be reading this blog. Thank you.
-Duncan