Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

South to Alaska

The Silver Wing got the nod, and a new name.
At 10:00 in the morning on Thursday, 14 June, after mounting Old Glory to celebrate Flag Day and after kissing Shirl goodbye, I shall depart Campton on this brave steed, newly dubbed Rocinante, and charge southward to Alaska.


If that sounds too "Cervantesque" to be true, I assure you that it is not.  My first stop will be Boston, where I have a 1:00 P.M. appointment at the Boston University Goldman School of Dental Medicine.  Then, I shall spend a night with my in-laws Dick and Joan ("Kim") Cichowski before proceding on down to Baltimore for two nights in a tent at the PATAPSCO VALLEY STATE PARK campground.  That will make possible my spending Saturday attending the 2012 Annual Conference of the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).  I have attended the Annual Conference of this fine organization in twelve of the in the past thirteen years.  (I missed only the 2010 conference, when Shirl and I were in Europe.)

From the Baltimore area I will ride West to Chicago, which will take two days.  I expect to camp in Ohio, and to arrive in Chicago Monday evening, where I am invited to stay at the home of my great friend and former English teacher at New Trier High School, Joe McCloskey.   My plan is to spend Tuesday visiting several folks in Chicagoland, after which Rocinante and I will turn our heads west, to Omaha, and then northwest, toward Alaska.

I may be a bit distant from the Internet for the next six weeks, folks.  So wish me, "Drum bun!" va rog.
Rocinante retreating.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use no profanity in your comments. My granddaughter and other young people will be reading this blog. Thank you.
-Duncan