Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Return to the Great Plains

I am in Indianapolis, on the 20th floor of the J W Marriott hotel, which is new, and fine.  The ACBSP is holding its 2011 Annual Conference here.  I was granted Emeritus status by the ACBSP Board of Directors this spring, which is a nice thing, as it means I am invited to the Annual Conference as a guest.

So far, the presentations I have attended have been excellent.  And my friends in the ACBSP have been most kind to me.  I missed last year's conference for the first time in a dozen years, as Shirl and I spent last June in Romania, which was definitely worth it, though it feels very good to be back in touch with the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs.

On the way here from New Hampshire I stopped in Chagrin Falls, Ohio, for a great evening with Bill and Parlin Meyer, long-time friends from Ohio, and now also from the Florida Keys.  At the close of today's ACBSP agenda, I will be heading west to Illinois, in hopes of renewing my friendships with Fulbrighters Nancy Sherman and Charles Harris, and with Nancy's husband Pat Hayes and their son Evan.  Then, time permitting, I may head down to Eddyville, Kentucky, to see Woody and Paula (Menard) Chambers, lifelong friends from Wilmette, Illinois, who have retired to western Kentucky.

I must make it back to Boston for dental work on Friday, July 1, at the Boston University School of Dental Medicine.  Until then, ROADTRIP!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use no profanity in your comments. My granddaughter and other young people will be reading this blog. Thank you.
-Duncan